Resource Management and Intrastate Conflict, German Research Council (DFG)
- Main applicant and head of project (with Gerald Schneider); EUR 178,000
- Research question: How do natural resource control rights and local institutions promote socio-economic and environmental grievances?
- Methods: quantitative, geospatial analyses employing a newly generated GIS dataset on the control rights of oil fields and mines in Africa and Latin America
Governing the Resource-Conflict Nexus, German Research Council (DFG)
- Main applicant and head of project (with Gerald Schneider); EUR 210,000
- Research question: To what extent do natural resource ownership structures explain intrastate armed conflict?
- Methods: econometric analyses employing newly generated data on the property rights of hydrocarbon fields worldwide